Thursday 12 April 2012

A perfect illustration of the power of music!

Some of my Facebook friends have pointed me in the direction of a couple of video clips that've been doing the rounds recently. I absolutely love them! They kind of sum up what the very essence of my project at the hospice is all about. The people in the clip aren't typical of the patients that I've been working with at the hospice as they're elderly residents in an American nursing home; but the principle of using music to help reduce anxiety as well as 'awaken' emotions, memories and that very basic 'feel-good' factor is very much the same. Parts of the script could've been lifted straight from my original pitch to the hospice and the Vodafone Foundation!

I've read a lot about the 'quickening art' of music, but this is a really lovely illustration of that art in action. It's at the very heart of what my project is all about; using music - sometimes in its most basic form - as a therapeutic tool to make a difference to the lives of Strathcarron's very special patients. I hope you enjoy the clips as much as I did:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5S_hADV30&feature=autoplay&list=UUWSW0VyPUvG8dfJc9VtFQRg&lf=plcp&playnext=1[/youtube]

 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZQf0p73QM&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jane, this is beautiful. I think we can all learn something about the 'quickening art' of music in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Isobel - so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete