Sunday 17 June 2012

Helping to raise awareness

I'm grateful to the Vodafone Foundation for giving me the opportunity to work at Strathcarron Hospice; mainly because of the help with funding, but also because of the opportunity to help raise awareness. Every charity needs to keep itself in the public eye as much as possible, and Strathcarron is no different.

The hospice must raise over £65,000 every week to continue providing free palliative care to its community. I've, therefore, tried hard to do my wee bit to help raise awareness of the fantastic job that Strathcarron does for its patients and their families. I've also been keen to raise awareness of my project and how beneficial music can be – on so many different levels - to people with life-limiting illnesses. So, I was delighted when the World of Difference site ran this wee feature last week: http://wod.thisissecure.net/news/archives/12379.

Every little bit of awareness raised helps - so many thanks are due, once again, to the fantastic World of Difference initiative and the helping hand it's offered in helping me to raise awareness of such a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment