Wednesday 14 March 2012

Getting my poster just right

I'd hoped to organise a fundraising 'sit down and appreciate' concert during my placement, but I've opted instead for more of a social event; an evening of live music with a buffet and dance floor thrown in! The venue's booked (a large ballroom in a local hotel), the live music line-up's been arranged and I've made a start on asking for raffle prize donations.

So, I spent about 4 hours in front of my computer last weekend trying my best to design a poster for the event. Much of that time was spent swearing at my laptop; I'm absolutely hopeless at that kind of thing. However, I eventually produced something that resembled a poster and was so chuffed with the result that I stuck it up on our fridge door. My two eldest children were home for a visit from their respective Universities at the weekend and, as per usual on their arrival, we were all gathered in the kitchen blethering and catching up: "What d'you think then kids?", I asked my 20, 18 and 16 year olds. A very long pause was followed by "Yeh, em, it's, em, it's really good Mum. Well done!" Another long pause was followed by, "I could always give you a wee hand with it Mum..." Humph. However, a wee while later, my daughter produced this for me:
m delighted with it. Next, I need to think about designing and printing off tickets for the event........wonder if Gemma's got any free time on her hands this week....?!



No comments:

Post a Comment