Monday 5 March 2012

The winner!

I've been selling music quiz sheets for the past few weeks to help raise money towards buying equipment for my Myriad of Music project. I've been overwhelmed by the response and, after hoping for a couple of hundred pounds to get me started, I've managed to raise over £1000! Fundraising is only a small part of the work involved in my placement, but it's vital component as much of what I manage to achieve in the hospice will depend on how much money I can pull in.

Anyway, back to the quiz sheets. Entries closed last week and tonight at my choir practice I asked Annie, our choir leader, to pull one of the 'top marks' entries out of a bag. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the name on the winning sheet - Linda Sterry; my friend that I wrote about in my last post, the same friend that inspired me to apply for this placement!! I'm absolutely delighted that she won - and I'm relieved that a full choir were witness to the fairness of the draw!!

For any of the readers of my blog who entered the quiz, the answers can be found on my JustGiving page.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment